1. How can I get information concerning my EMS bill?
EMS billing is handled through a third party vendor. If you used the EMS service before April 1, 2005, you need to contact 866-258-3520. If the EMS service was used on or after April 1, 2005, you need to contact our current vendor at 800-782-9176.
2. How do I get a Fire/Police Report?
To obtain a fire or police report, you need to call (770)724-7740. The reports office is located at 1960 West Exchange Place, Tucker, Georgia on the 2nd floor. The office is open from 8:30am- 5pm.
3. How do you get a Burn Permit in DeKalb County?
Contact the Fire Marshal’s Office- Inspections Unit to obtain a burn permit. You can call (404) 371-9256.
4. I scheduled an inspection. When will it be done?
If you called your inspection in before 3:30pm, your inspection will be done between 9am- 3:30pm the next day. If you called in after 3:30pm, your inspection will be done in two business days between the hours of 9am- 3pm.
5. Can I have an inspector come out and inspect my home?
DeKalb County fire inspectors DO NOT do residential inspections at this time. Inspectors are available for commercial locations only (i.e. schools, hotels, restaurants, etc.)
6. I submitted a plan for review. When will it be completed?
The turnaround time varies according to the size of the plan that is submitted to DeKalb County Fire Rescue for review. If you have questions concerning your plans, please contact (404)371-6208.
7. Does the Fire Department offer CPR classes?
We do not offer CPR classes. Please contact your local Red Cross to get information on how to enroll in CPR classes.
8. What are the ordinances about open burning in DeKalb County?
In accordance with the Clean Air Act, there is a burn ban in DeKalb County. For further information call 404-687-2400.
9. My animal is stuck in the tree. Will the fire department come get it out?
No. Try leaving some food or milk at the bottom of the tree and wait for the animal to get down on its own.
10. There is a beehive in my backyard. Will the fire department come to get it down?
No. Contact a beekeeper if you can not remove the hive yourself.
11. Can I go to the fire station to get my blood pressure checked?
Yes. Please stop by your nearest local fire station to have your blood pressure checked.
12. How do I refer someone for the Youth Fire Setters (YFS) program?
Contact Community Education at (678)406-7735. The YFS classes are held on an as needed basis on the first Tuesday of each month at 11 a.m. and the third Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. Both the parents and children must attend.
13. What Community Education programs are offered?
The Community Education department offers various programs to promote fire safety and injury prevention education such as:
14. How do I schedule a fire truck or station visit?
Senior Fire Safety
Risk Watch ® Injury Prevention Program
Contact the Community Education reservation specialist at (678)406-7735 to schedule a Community Education specialist or firefighter to participate in your program.
15. Can I schedule the fire truck to come to my home for a birthday party?
No. We do not schedule birthday parties. You may schedule a station visit before or after your party if you would like. Please make note that no food or birthday cake is to be brought to the station.
16. How do I dispose of Hazardous Materials?
For general information on chemical disposal, please contact (800)262-8200. The nearest HAZmat station is Station 19 located at 3253 Mercer University Drive in Chamblee.
17. How do I become a firefighter?
For more information, please contact the Recruiting office at (678)406-7491.
18. How do I get my child involved in the Explorer's program?
Contact Community Education at (678)406-7735, for young men and women who are interested in careers in the field of fire rescue services.
19. For insurance purposes, I need to know my closest fire station and fire hydrant.
How do I find this information?
Generally speaking, your closest fire station is within 3 miles and your nearest hydrant is within 300 feet. For more information, contact (678)406-7750.
20. My fire hydrant is leaking. Who do I call?
The water department is responsible for fixing leaking fire hydrants. Please contact Water & Sewer at (770)621-7230.
21. I suspect someone of committing Arson. Who do I contact?
The Arson Hotline is (678)406-7777.
22. I would like for the Dalmatians to come to my school.
Who do I need to contact?
Please contact Community Education Specialist, Kristen Randall at (770)414-2122.
23. I would like to request Bike Medics for my event.
Who should I call?
When you make your request to schedule a demo, please let the reservation
specialist know at that time that you are requesting special operations.
She/he will advise if they are available to assist with your event.
24. How do I obtain Open Records Information?
Hazardous spills, storage tanks, environmental issues should be submitted
to the State Fire Marshal’s Office at (404) 656-0697 Hazmat Section.
Fire Code Violations should be submitted to Dekalb County Fire Marshal’s
Office on company letterhead stating Open Records Act Request faxed to (404) 687-2724.