1. How can I get information concerning my EMS bill?
Starting on October 1, 2013 to current, call AMR Billing at 678-537-6856
From July 6, 2010 to September 30, 2013, call AMR Billing at 678-537-6856; Rural Metro Billing at 678-473-1990,
ext. 2267; or DCFR: 800-782-9176 Prior to July, 2010, call DCFR at 800-782-9176
2. How do I get a Fire/Police Report?
To obtain a fire or police report, you need to call 770-724-7740.
The reports office is located at 1960 West Exchange Place, Tucker, Georgia
on the 2 nd floor. The office is open from 8:30 am- 5:00 pm.
3. How do you get a Burn Permit in DeKalb County?
There is a year-round burn ban in DeKalb County.
Unless you have 10 acres or more, you cannot burn in DeKalb County.
If you have 10 acres or more, please call 404-371-9256 to obtain a burn permit.
4. I scheduled an inspection, when will it be completed?
If you scheduled your our inspection by before 3:30 pm,
your inspection will be done between 9:00 am - 3:00 pm the following business day.
If you scheduled your inspection after 3:30 pm,
your inspection will be done in two business days between the hours of 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
5. Can I have an inspector come out and inspect my home?
DeKalb County Fire Marshal Inspectors DO NOT have jurisdiction in residential homes.
Inspectors are available for commercial locations only (i.e. schools, hotels, restaurants, businesses, etc.)
6. I submitted a plan for review. When will it be completed?
The turnaround time varies according to the size of the plan that is submitted to DeKalb County Fire Rescue for review.
If you have questions concerning your plans, please contact 404-371-6208.
7. Does the Fire Department offer CPR classes?
We do not offer CPR classes. Please contact your local Red Cross to get information on how to enroll in CPR classes.
8. What are the ordinances about open burning in DeKalb County?
In accordance with the Clean Air Act, there is a burn ban in DeKalb County. For further information call 404-371-9256.
9. My animal is stuck in the tree.
Will the fire department come get it out?
No. Try leaving some food or milk at the bottom of the tree and wait for the animal to get down on its own.
For other animals or insects contact your local exterminator.
10.Can I go to the fire station to get my blood pressure checked?
Yes. Please stop by your nearest local fire station to have your blood pressure checked.
11. How do I refer someone for the Juvenile Fire Setters (JFS) program?
Contact the Public Education Unit at 770-414-2124. The JFS classes are held on an as needed basis on the first Tuesday of each month at 11 a.m.
and the third Tuesday of each month at 6 p.m. Both the parents and children must attend.
12. What Public Education programs are offered?
The Public Education department offers various programs to promote fire safety and injury prevention education such as:
13. How do I schedule a fire truck or station visit?
- Business & Merchant Fire Safety
- Juvenile Firesetters
- Senior Fire Safety
- Elderly Abuse
- GhostOut ®
Contact the Public Education reservation specialist at 770-414-2124 to schedule a Public Education specialist or firefighter to participate in your program.
14. Can I schedule the fire truck to come to my home for a birthday party?
No. We do not schedule birthday parties.
You may schedule a station visit before or after your party if you would like.
Please make note that no food or birthday cake is to be brought to the station.
15. How do I dispose of Hazardous Materials?
For general information on chemical disposal, please contact (800)262-8200.
The nearest HAZmat station is located at Fire Rescue Station 19, 3253 Mercer University Drive in Chamblee.
16. How do I become a firefighter?
For more information,
please visit the DeKalb County Website at www.dekalbcountyga.gov,
look for the job opportunities link and check for the fire fighter position openings.
17.How do I get my child involved in the DeKalb County Explorer's program?
Contact Public Education at 770-414-2124, for young men and women who are interested in careers in the field of fire rescue services.
Send an email to email@example.com
18. For insurance purposes, I need to know my closest fire station and fire hydrant. How do I find this information?
Generally speaking, your closest fire station is within 3 miles and your nearest hydrant is within 300 feet.
19. My fire hydrant is leaking. Who do I call?
The DeKalb County Department of Watershed Management is responsible for fixing leaking fire hydrants. Please contact Water & Sewer at (770)621-7230.
20. I suspect someone of committing Arson.
Who do I contact?
The DeKalb County Arson Hotline is (678)406-7777.
21. How do I obtain Open Records Information?
Hazardous spills, storage tanks, environmental issues should be submitted
to the State Fire Marshal's Office at (404) 656-0697 Hazmat Section.
Fire Code Violations should be submitted to DeKalb County Fire Marshal's Office
on company letterhead stating Open Records Act Request emailed
to Karen Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org